I  was glad to read Jacquie's message that she is happy for the UK Lace
magazines to be passed on.
Some years ago I was given a pile of them from someone who was having to
clear out a lot of stuff, and was kind enough to pass them on to me, knowing
they were going to a good home!  What a waste if they had gone to the tip!

They are dated well before I joined the UK Guild, and I treasure them - as
not only are they useful magazines, but they are a nice remembrance of a
lacemaker who is now, sadly, no longer with us.

I cannot see any harm in passing on magazines, or books, that are no-longer
of use. Much better than throwing them away.  I have been able to purchase
some 2nd hand lace books that are out of print, and have been for many
years, from  the Guild table at Lace Days. Not only does it help the Guild,
but helps us Lacemakers, too, as many of the books are not in our Guild
library, so we are unable to borrow them.  Often they are from  deceased
estates, and the family know they have been used with love. It pleases them
to know the books can be of help to someone else.

Regards from Liz in Melbourne, Oz.