Never ever through anything out.
Firstly give or sell them to other lacemakers in your area. Many lace guilds or groups have a mechanism to recycling old magazines / books etc to newer members be it a sign at a lace day saying 'free to a good home' or selling them for a small cost and using the money for library books.

Secondly many OP shops will accept them and sell them on to interested parties. my knitting group always goes there for extra knitting needles and old knitting patterns.

Thirdly donate them to a local school or church group for their annual fair, most have a secondhand or preloved table with books and other bits and pieces. I once bought a huge selection of tatting patterns at a charity fair (these were taken from magazines and on the surface did not look good but the patterns were lovely).

Forthly offer to send out a list of what you have (ie we contact you privately) and if we want them then we can pay you the postage for your magazines.

Finally there is ebay

Anna who has just returned from a long weekend away in Canberra.