Hello All!  Many thanks to Anna, Corinne & Devon for lending a hand.  This has
turned out to be quite a project--even more so when I can picture the effect
that I want to achieve but it doesn't work out on my pillow!  My first bookworm
must have been dumb luck because the buds & braids worked.  The second bookworm
remains uncooperative so it's back to the drawing board.  A giant hint is to be
found in the curvy beginner patterns in the Lace Guild UK booklet where
meander-in-braid 2 & ovals are used.  For others, it looks like "braid samples"
are in my future--to find out whether a braid works on a curve & to better
understand pin spacing.  Sounds like a winter project & another workshop!  We
had a nice turnout for our lace gathering in Howland, OH today.  Needlelace,
tatting & bobbin lace were under construction--plus three prospective members
attended.  It was a good day despite the monsoons!  Sincerely, Susan Hottle,
Erie, PA USA