cross-posted to Chat for lack of lace content.

On 1/1/14 12:14 AM, Marianne Gallant wrote:

I do realize that 'reply to all' would reply to both the poster as well as the list, but.....that is not an automatic reaction, when you are used to just hitting reply. Not only that, some email programs are not set up to reply to all. I have yet to find that option in Thunderbird, though it is obvious in Outlook. Thunderbird
 has just reply, forward or archive....uh, I guess I just
found it in Thunderbird, it is in the drop down list of the message menu, not very obvious....

In Thunderbird 1.5.0.14 (20071210), I hit "R" while
holding down "control" to reply to all.

. . . I don't want to get into the habit of hitting
'reply to all', too many serious problems have been
caused by habits like that

I have gotten into the habit of hitting "reply all" *and
then cleaning up the address list* because it changes "you
wrote" to "Joe Blow wrote".  Identifying the person to whom
I am replying is often useful --many messages sent to me
are sent from shared addresses-- and never a problem.

--
Joy Beeson
http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/