I did work some small samples of a type of piece, especially the complex bucks point which is in my folder, before I went on to make a full piece but as my teacher always gave me a corner of a pattern which I copied and using the computer got a square for beds hanky or square edging for photo frame (or could have been a hanky) that is what I made. She occasionally showed us a piece of her lace which might have been withof, Duchess or other beautiful dolphins, it seemed appropriate looking at full pieces as a piece of art or working item. I have been reading your two process vs product and have been amazed and fascinated that you never finish. Will have to train my brain to accept that idea and maybe I will get to try some of the other beautiful types of lace pieces that appeal to me.
Thank you ladies.
Sue T
Dorset UK

This is the "process vs. product" argument again.  I'm an unrepentant
process-oriented person.  I have no particular use for lace.  I don't wear
Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
robinl...@socal.rr.com>>>

Ditto - I also love the process and couldn't care less about what happens to
the lace but I do finish most pieces.  It is amazing how these pieces get
used sometime or other.  Sometimes someone starts a crazy quilt and then I
can make a contribution.  I suffer from incurable experimentation -
different threads, different textures etc etc!
Jeanette Fischer, Western Cape, South Africa.