I fall into the "process" group as well.  I can't think when I've worn my lace,
and I can count on one hand the pieces I've made as gifts.  Like Robin, I love
the process and the challenge.  But beyond that, I am also rather obsessive,
and I can't bear *not* to finish something - that feels like defeat to me!  I
have two pieces on display in my house, but most of my lace is in a notebook.

Several years ago! I started a difficult piece and was never happy with the way
it was going.  I finally decided it needed to be worked with a larger thread.
I cut the bobbins off, and put the fragment away (in the notebook).  I am now
eyeing the pattern again, because I *will not* be defeated by it!

Clay