Thanks to all who answered/explained. It does make more sense once you know why there is a difference. I will try the different way of doing things, at least while I am working through this book. In the meantime I've also learned about a few other books on Chantilly lace. Books on Chantilly lace seem to be scarce, and even Lia's book is now out of print. I am in the process of ordering one out of Holland, and will order the other one from I think our only lace stuff supplier in Canada (that I know of) Trillium lace. Lace books sure seem to go out of print rather quickly, and since they are sooooo expensive, it becomes hard to buy them before they disappear from the market. Like, I just realized that Devon trolly lace is another point ground type lace, and I'd like to try them all, I see now that the first book is already out of print... i just can't keep up. Achim, the temperatures here are very high as well, we've had 39-41 C a week ago, which is 10-15 degrees above normal, and it's getting up there again this weekend. We usually don't get those temperatures until sometime in August. And it has been super dry the last few months, the drought in California is spreading northward, so forest fires are proliferating, specially with people being stupid enough to throw burning cigarette butts out of car windows. And we've had quite a few thunderstorms as well, which bring lightning, and yes rain, sometimes excessive, but because the ground is so dry, it causes flooding and disappears very quickly after doing a lot of damage.

*Marianne*

Marianne Gallant
[email protected]
threadsnminis.blogspot.ca

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to