Hello Marianne,

> Like, I just realized that Devon trolly lace is another point ground type
lace, and I'd like to try them all, I see now that the first book is already
out of print... i just can't keep up.


You wont miss much there IMHO - it’s not different from Bucks point and the
patterns in that book are nothing really special. Though it has a quite
interesting historical part.

If you’d like a really nice book with beautiful Chantilly patterns (including
Ombrée) I highly recommend Ulrike Voelcker’s „Schwarzarbeit Band 2“. It has
meticulously drawn diagrams showing every pair of bobbins, so even complex
patterns are rather easy to follow. It has 69 patterns in total, so there’s
something for everyone, including a pattern with about 25.000 pinholes per
repeat (!), needing about 250 pairs of bobbins, so it might be the one and
only pattern you’ll ever work on ;-). It’s written in German and English.
None of my other books come closer to what I prefer in lace: Art Nouveau / Art
Deco style, flowing lines and wonderful shading.
And it’s still available (e.g. here:
http://www.barbara-fay.de/j2/index.php/en/component/virtuemart/bobbin-lace/sc
hwarzarbeit-2-detail?Itemid=0
<http://www.barbara-fay.de/j2/index.php/en/component/virtuemart/bobbin-lace/s
chwarzarbeit-2-detail?Itemid=0>).

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to