When working point ground the "Ulrike" way, we are advised to use fat
pins for honeycomb and picots and thin pins for the rest. Different heads
would be nice, so I would know which is which during the work, and
especially while sorting the pins afterwards.
It doesn't help me follow, though. With dense work, where you might want
the help, you can't tell from the pin tops exactly where the bottoms are.
I bet it was pretty as copy by someone who hasn't made lace.

Linda from Lexington, Mass, where it is lovely and I'm in the subway
instead