> The lappet of tomorrow... What a great idea.

I'm very fond of lappets and find interesting the transition of their usage
throughout the centuries that they were popular. As time went on, they weren't
necessarily attached to caps, but just pinned to the hair on each side of the
head. If they hadn't gone extinct, maybe it wouldn't seem so weird. I can't
figure any practical purpose for them with or without a hat. They should be
honored for their longevity, if nothing else. What other non-jewelry ornament
has remained stylish for so long? Were separate lace collars and cuffs around
as long as lappets?

Jean Reardon