Devon, I understand that Point of Venice would be a an appropriate term, as
a generic term.

Yesterday I was reading from the ipad so I could not access easily to the
information. Now from my desktop here there are other links:

Gros Point of Venice 17th. cent
http://www.museocaprai.it/collezione_scheda.php?idc=2

Point Plat of Venice  20th. cent.
http://www.museocaprai.it/collezione_scheda.php?idc=175

Point of Venice
http://www.museodelmerletto.it/001-Merletti-Italiani/001-Venezia-e-Burano/007-punto_venezia.html

This is a Point of Venice slightly raised, dated about 17th. cent.
http://chambredescouleurs.france-i.com/8542

Regards from Barcelona.

Carolina de la Guardia
http://www.carolgallego.com