It doesn't look like fingerloop to me either.

Tablet weaving absolutely goes back this far (and further.. go
anglo-saxons!), but this speaks more to rigid heddle than 4 hole tablet to
me. (2 shafts rather than 4, effectively).

Lovely piece!

Heather in snowy SW Ontario, with a tablet weaving piece on my loom as we
speak. XD