I started lace in the early 90s with the dreaded Dryad kit and plastic
bobbins.

Tried to teach myself, and asked husband to make me some decent bobbins,
which he did.

I did not do a lot of lace as I was still teaching foreign languages and
English, but when they closed our department down, I really got into it and
a local friend pointed me to Arachne. Since then there is no stopping me,
even though I still don't have a lot of time as I still teach privately and
do translation/interpreting work.

Through eBay I found a local woman I'd known for years, but did not know
that she had started making bobbin lace. She told me of a lace group in
Hull, and about Arachne. I don't post often, but read all the messages and
advice, and found "soul mates" all over.

I wish Arachne and all its members a long live and keep the chat and tips
coming.

Agnes Boddington