The postal codes for Aalst, in the SE of the Netherlands, are 5308 XX,
where XX are two varying uppercase letters, and nearby is 5305 XX and 5307
XX. The postcode 9052 XX (with two letters again) is in the Grouw region,
up in the NW. Also, postcodes were introduced into the Netherlands in 1976
-- any idea how old your thread is?

WRT the plastic cone: polyethylene, which the cone is likely to be, was
re-discovered in 1933, so  Lorri's thread might well predate the take-over
by Coats. I'd be surprised if they were still using "FFR" without adding a
"Coats" label somewhere if the cone was from after 1960 (another argument
against the postcode suggestion).

Oh I do love some good sleuthing! Thanks Lorri!!

Nancy
Connecticut, USA