This thread is finer than the DMC Special Dentalies that I have.
I did a burn test with the MT and a known linen and they burned the same, as
did the cotton and MT.  But then all 3 are plant fibers.
I also noticed that in some areas there are small 'slubs'.  But I have seen
that on both cotton and linens.

I think next I will work it up in something and see how it works up.

Brenda,   if I had your address I could could send some to you if you would
like.
________________________________
 Their 80/2
linen is comparable in size to tatting cotton #80. Bockens 80/2 would be a
bit finer, because Bockens tends to twist their threads more tightly, which
results in a thinner thread.
Lorelei

The cone is plastic and measures 4.5 in. or 11.5 mm. high.  Am I correct
that it is 80/2 cotton?
There is a sticker inside the bottom reading:

FFR Aalst
9052
80/2Wit Blanc
ca 2500M