Dear Alice,
It is good that you wrote to Arachne, because you may privately hear from and
then meet some of the lacemakers in these countries.
Search by location and follow the leads that are of interest in Arachne
archives.

Since you belong to OIDFA - You will find that there have been OIDFA
congresses within the last 22 years in several of these countries.  Bulletins
feature articles about each host nation for at least a year before, with more
articles about them the year after.  You'll find your old bulletins contain
info that will lead you to lace treasures.
Always confirm in advance that places are still open, dates/hours/days of week
open, and what will be on exhibit.  In some cases, you may be able to make an
appointment with someone (whose name you found in an old bulletin) and go
behind the scenes to see lace in storage, or attend a lace meeting.  Plan
alternatives for Mondays, just in case museums where you will be are all
closed.   Have a wonderful time researching, and then enjoying your
travels.
Jeri Ames in Maine USALace and Embroidery Resource CenterIn a message dated