The thing is that basically only four or five people are comfortable
creating new wikis and almost all are quite busy all the time. But there
are at least thirty people who are comfortable deploying mw config changes
and way more people who are comfortable making config patches. This would
improve the work around the bottleneck and allow the extra pieces to be
done by others. Honestly, one of the reasons I don't feel creating new
wikis is how to do and clean up logos because it has a specific way to run
and optimize it and I don't have time to do that and many other specific
pieces like timezone, namespace config, etc. Specially that basically
creating new wikis with placeholder setting can be almost done
automatically (the init config patch can be made automatically fully ready
to be deployed).

The options here are basically having a placeholder wiki quickly and allow
others to make it later OR the status quo of  the wiki not being created
for possibly weeks or months until someone finds time to do all the pieces.

Amir (he/him)