Of what you listed, these are rightly flagged:
   * few in number
   * religious in nature
   * autocratic in nature,
Removing the 2nd and 3rd token wouldn't cause any lost of meaning.

kb

Marcin Miłkowski wrote thus at 01:33 AM 30-01-14:
W dniu 2014-01-29 10:35, Kumara Bhikkhu pisze:
> Hope this is not too greedy.
>
> <rule id="BIG_IN_SIZE" name="Big in size, etc">
> <pattern>
> <token postag_regexp="yes" postag="JJ|JJR|JJS"><exception
> <token>in</token>
> <token
> regexp="yes">size|duration|color|colour|number|shape|height|nature|length|weight</token>
> </pattern>
> <message>A more concise phrase may lose no meaning and sound more
> powerful.</message>
> <suggestion>\1</suggestion>
> <short>Possible redundancy</short>
> <example type="correct">The man is big.</example>
> <example type="correct">His speech was briefest.</example>
> <example type="correct">He's absorbed in thought.</example>
> <example correction="big" type="incorrect">The man is <marker>big in
> size</marker>.</example>
> <example correction="briefest" type="incorrect">His speech was
> <example correction="redder" type="incorrect">My car is <marker>redder
> in color</marker>.</example>
> <example correction="few" type="incorrect">Her friends were <marker>few
> in number</marker>.</example>
> </rule>

Thanks!

Yes, this is much better but we also match:

rich in color

few in number

possible in Nature,

corresponding in number

religious in nature

efficient in shape

autocratic in nature,

equal in size

beautiful in color,

Out of 16 matches on Brown corpus, the useful ones were "brown in
color","tawny in color", "two in number". I added the adjectives above
as additional exceptions and we'll see how it performs. I'm not sure
about 'few'. We'll probably see more matches in the nightly diff today.

Regards,
Marcin