Raistware wrote:

> Also there are a thing that shock me out completly: ¿why should Lazarus
> mantain backward compatibility with Delphi?
> First of all, Delphi is not suited to compile anyother platform outside
> of windows.

I agree, it's a nice to have feature, but it makes Lazarus development
very difficult (causing many limitations, regression bugs etc.) - which
it should not do, for a project that calls itself "cross-platform". VCL
is simply too tightly tied to Windows and the Win32 API, even Borland,
CodeGear and Embarcadero are struggling with that issue.

> specific issues. Be free to work with the most efficient way you can.
> Break compatiblity whenever you need to create a better ide.

Those compatibility goals will apparently not change in the Lazarus
project. I have had many people tell me that. But all is not lost -
there are two other projects that tackled that problem in a different
manner: fpGUI Toolkit and MSEide&MSEgui. Those two took a fresh start,
not hindered by Delphi compatibility or limitations.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/