On 13/08/2011 22:56, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
On 13 August 2011 20:26, Martin  wrote:
ide and Lazarus. Lazarus is designed to open them. (e.g It needs to know if
the file refers to a form/lfm // I don't know what else may require an
immediate load of the file).

This might sound silly, but Why?  If the project opens lots of units,
those are just source code units. Forms should only come into play
when the developers presses F12 to show the Form for a specific unit.

Or am I not understanding Lazarus's form designer or codetools
correctly?  Are you saying that if Lazarus opens a project with 50
units that are actually the source code of form declarations, then
Lazarus will also display 50 forms when loading that project?

if the source was open, yes. (afaik), maybe there is an option...

I don't know for sure, if the project would remember, if the form was closed, but the source open.

But assuming that normally form and source are open together: If you had 50 fomrs open when you closed the project, then you can have them open again, or not?

Otherwise, you probably wouldn't have had the units open either.