Juha Manninen schrieb:

Now, your answers indicate you don't really know what you want. How does fixing a bug or creating a new feature become easier if it is listed in a project management GUI? It doesn't, you still have to learn and edit the code.

This is where documentation is helpful. The LCL is so complex nowadays, that a newbie cannot figure out everything himself.

I filled my own and Mattias' data in the developers page. It is the "organization chart" that was requested:
  http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Developer_pages

Then there is the roadmap page. It already contains tasks and people responsible for them. It is not up to date but can be updated:
  http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Roadmap

My experience with unmanaged open source projects is a roadmap that contains all the tasks, which the experienced coders don't want to do themselves, or for which they have no concept at all. Nothing like tasks for newcomers :-(

DoDi