Em 28/02/2012, às 23:25, Juha Manninen escreveu:

> 2012/2/29 Everton Vieira <tonvie...@gmail.com>
> Em 28/02/2012, às 19:02, Juha Manninen escreveu:
>> It may also be an illusion from your side that contributing code to a big
>> project becomes easy if only there was a project manager with a nice list of
>> tasks.
>
> I think it would be easy with more info about it.
>> No, you will have to browse and study the existing code for hours and hours
>> before you start to understand it enough to make intelligent changes.
>
> I think it would be easy with more info about it.
>> When you do it, other developers will be very helpful through the mailing
>> list, I promise. Now you clearly have not even looked at the code.
>
> I`ve looked yes, some of it, not all for sure, but i do not see how this make
> any difference on this subject.
>
> Ok, I understood the fundamental goal of the project management etc.
> improvement was to make it easier for potential new developers (like you) to
> jump in and pick tasks. Did I misunderstand it?

No, you did not misunderstand, this is very like the intend.

> Now, your answers indicate you don't really know what you want.

Of course i dont really know what i want in this matter because doesn`t matter
what i want.
Is a project management, the concept of it is well know.

> How does fixing a bug or creating a new feature become easier if it is listed
> in a project management GUI?

By start, the talked about it would be grouped. The info would be formatted.

> It doesn't, you still have to learn and edit the code.

Certainly is suposed so. But is very different when theres some lines saying
what that code is already doing. And some lines to saying what is missing, and
what was already be talked about, by who, everything in a formatted way. And i
think, in my humble way of view, that a GUI would facilitate and much more
likely draw people to help.

> I filled my own and Mattias' data in the developers page. It is the
> "organization chart" that was requested:
>   http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Developer_pages

Do not see any i saying as a request.

> Then there is the roadmap page. It already contains tasks and people
> responsible for them. It is not up to date but can be updated:
>   http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Roadmap
>
> Everton, could you please explain the problems you face in a more detailed
> way. Now this is all very abstract, like everything becomes easy with a
> project management system.
> That is, if you still want to learn and contribute. If you don't, it's OK,
> too.

This is not about me. Why make this about me? This is about the group. From
where i came from we have this saying: one andorinha bird doesn`t make summer.
How can i tell this better. This meant that one can not make much, is the group
that can make much.

And of course i never said that: "everything becomes easy with a project
management system".

> Juha

But i admit, maybe i`m wrong. That`s ok too. The project management  in a open
source environment, maybe is bad idea. Who never make some mistake?

And of course is not in this struggling path that we can make a community that
really cooperates.