Il 28/06/2014 09:16, Hans-Peter Diettrich ha scritto:
Giuliano Colla schrieb:

      Whenever you need a form to "stay on top" you never know if it'll
      work or not. For Gtk2, it did work on Lazarus 1.0.8, but it
      stopped working since Lazarus 1.1. This means that a user may lose
      an alarm which pops up, because he inadvertently touched the
      larger form.

I just got some information about this issue, when I encounterd z-order problems with a Delphi XE application. Here's what Peter Below wrote, most LCL developers will be able to read this:

[...]
It's no wonder that changing the hierarchy something may go wrong. LCL developers may look into that.

But what I see, as a user, is that 10 year old libraries (those of Kylix), survive to all Linux, libc, X11, and Desktop evolutions, and what was running under a 2.4 kernel and KDE 2, still runs (keeping the correct Z-order, among all other things) under a 3.x kernel, KDE 4 etc.

Maybe a more conservative approach, i.e. avoiding to take advantage of all the fancy new features of widgetsets, libraries, etc. and relying only on basic functions, which are much less likely to change in time, could save a lot of headaches.

Giuliano