Marc Santhoff wrote:
On Di, 2015-09-01 at 14:26 -0300, Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:
Hi, this is kind of a dejavu, I'm pretty sure I have asked this question before, but I can't find the old message, so, here I go.

In my postgresql.log file I get this two messages every time I query/update the database:

could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer
unexpected EOF on client connection with an open transaction

I'm using TPQConnection/TSqlTransaction/TSqlQuery in a CGI with this method:

procedure TDataModule1.ExecSql(ASql: string);
var
   lSql: TSQLQuery;
begin
   lSql := TSQLQuery.Create(nil);
   try
     lSql.DataBase := PQConnection1;
     lSql.Transaction := SQLTransaction1;
     lSql.SQL.Text:= ASql;
     lSql.ExecSQL;
     SQLTransaction1.Commit;

Only guessing: maybe the transaction object is set to "autocommit" and
the .Commit statement produces the error?

I saw a suggestion earlier via Google (which I probably can't find again) that after the query had been executed an implicit begin would be reissued.

   finally
     lSql.Free;
   end;
end;

The query is executed without issues, data is stored into the db, but I keep getting those messages.

I'm using FPC 3.1.1 - Lazarus 1.5 - Linux 64bits (Ubuntu 15.04).

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk