On 10/21/2015 12:33 AM, Bo Berglund wrote:
As Mark Morgan Lloyd has pointed out I *really* need to create an encapsulated class for the TCPIP communications so I can use this as an alternate component in the existing object and for this I need to implement an onReceive event to plug the incoming data into it

Sorry to be a PITA, again, but a command line application (which in the other message you said you would want to do) does not support throwing events from threads out of the box. (There is no Lazarus Linux workalike for a Delphi Service Application.). You would have to implement your own "main loop" to make this happen.

That is why, to use the standard Lazarus and Delphi programming paradigms, I suggested to do a normal Lazarus GUI application on the RasPi.

-Michael