Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
On 2016-01-02 00:11, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
I've yet to see a GUI frontend which is remotely usable when attached to a table with a few billion rows.

Then I guess you have never seen the setting in most GUI frontends that
limit the return result to say 500 records max. All the GUI SQL Editors
I've used supports this. In fact, they normally use the feature that
already exists in most SQL database servers to accomplish this.

Actually yes, I have. And almost always found it broken once one starts trying to give it complex selection criteria.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk