Christian U. wrote:
First extend packages (and projects) with a languages directory with po files. When a project is built (or published) all language files of all dependent packages will be gathered add add in a languages subdirectory relatively to the executable or at another predefined place (i.e. /usr/local/share/appname/languages), configurable like the Help file of an application now. On startup all resourcestrings will be read from the appropriate files.

I will not write tools to create or maintain po-files, just make it easier to use po-files in applications.

I hope this makes clear, what my plans are.

he first hint i have to this, is not to translate simply at app startup.
the user must can retranslate the app at runtime.

This is out of scope for me. Reloading the resoustrings is easy, writing a mechanism for for replacing the current contents of all string using those resourcestrings (mostly captions) is not in plans.

And at example for me any translation feature that cannot be used by the end-user is useless for me.

I fail to see where your problem is here with the current implementation. Lazarus uses po-files and LCL will be able to use those too.

When lazarus dont use standart gettext tools / formats for the translation its absoulutly useless for me and i think also for some other peoples. My example in the last mail was the vr-china. I dont speak chinese but they can make her own translation from english. Also belgium i dont speak ther language but the have maked ther own translation with gettext tools.

Edit the po-files, which are the basic cornerstone of gettext, as far as I understood.

I think its better to stay compatible to the gettext package.

See also the gettext support in the LCL.

Vincent.