Talking about databases:

Was the bug of Lazarus with date, time and timestamp types when accessing DB2 tables fixed?

No offense but I would like to know...

[ ]

Ricardo

At 13:48 28/11/2007, you wrote:
There is also a more advanced tutorial which addresses the use of data-sensitive components:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/MySQLDatabases
Hope it helps!
Chris

Roberto Padovani wrote:
about accessing databases, there is a tutorial:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Database_Tutorial
which is only a very brief introduction, but it's much better than nothing.
After going through it a few times, after going through the forums
many times, and after stumbling upon even more "access violation"
errors, I managed to working with sqlite and mysql...at least for
simple queries.
In my project I went on with sqlite only, but the dataset interfaces
are basically always the same; this is a very active list and if you
ask, you'll probably get an answer.

R#

2) I would like to use MySQL with Lazarus. I have no idea where to start. I
placed a MySQL50conn module. I then tried to connect to the database using
the HostName, DatabaseName, userName, password. Is there a field for port?
Is there a simple example to retrieve data from a MySQL. I have a form that
essentially has some combobox and they are to be filled with info from the
MySQL database. Please help. Thanks

 Lefti