On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 20:52:58 +0100, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 19:16:13 +0100 (CET)
> "Dave Parsons" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm beginning to put together a native OS/2 version of Lazarus
> > and I need to define a new platform.
> > >From the online documentation and the source code it seems that
> > the thing to do is to define LCL_PLATFORM.
> > fpcmake.ini has a definition of LCL_PLATFORM but it differs from
> > the definitions in the Lazarus Makefile.fpc files.
> >
> > So my questions at the moment are,
> > 1. is there a global way to set this or is it a case of hand editing
> >    each makefile.fpc?
> > 2. what should the new platform be called?
> >    OS/2 can work in non GUI mode, GUI mode using its native PM API,
> >    X using XFree and Qt3 emulation, so my preference would be os2pm.
>
> LCL_PLATFORM is for widgetset like gtk. Maybe you want to first try to
> get gtk running on OS/2 before starting a new widgetset.

There is already a Gtk1 port for OS/2 which works with various
X interfaces such as HOBX11, everblue or XFreeOS/2, but I want
a native OS/2 PM version.

> Otherwise: I can setup a new widgetset, but I need a good name.

Yes, that is what I mean with os2pm above but I was not thinking
of making it official at the moment since there is a lot of work
to do which may or may not succeed. I just would like a way to
minimize the amount of editing required during the initial
development/feasibility phase and to choose a name which would
be acceptable to all if the port is successful.

Cheers,
Dave