> I have also started a thread on the rsync mailing list regarding this error
> to see if anyone else has seen this problem :
> http://tinyurl.com/rsync-no-disk-full

There appear to be certain condition which will result in the disk full error
message not being reported by rsync. A fix has already been developed.

The fix will not be in the 3.0.8 release. However, it is expected to be in the
the 3.1.0 release which is should be not too long after 3.0.8 of rsync.

Rest assured that a fix for this issue in rsync certainly on the way!

Further details are available from the following thread on the rsync mailing
list :
http://tinyurl.com/rsync-no-disk-full