What about Baby Blessings - anything in the Handbook about recording
Baby Blessings?  I tried to do it once and my Bishop said the church
didn't allow it.  It was right before the blessing, so I didn't have
any preparations to record it in another way - so my youngest son
unfortunately has little record of his baby blessing.

Jesse

On 11/30/06, A. Rick Anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Stacey wrote:
> (2) I don't believe there is anything in the church handbook about
> making audio (and audio only) recordings of sacrament talks.
I was going to challenge this, but I checked and you are correct.  There
is no explicit prohibition of audio recordings of a sacrament service
unless it is a General Authority speaking.  If there is a General
Authority, you can take notes for personal use, but even your personal,
hand-written notes should not be distributed.  (of course, if this had
been followed historically, we wouldn't have the King Folliet discourse
or a few other 'minor' sermons :-)

> I recall
> there is something about making video recordings and taking pictures in
> the chapel.
Yup, this is explicitly banned!  So, if you get married in the chapel
(which is now acceptable), you can't video tape the wedding.

I'm very grateful that we got my Father's last sermon in stake
conference before this prohibition came about.  It's a treasure to me
and my children.  My Father's descendants would be much poorer without it!

--
A. Rick Anderson

#!/usr/bin/perl
#y,d,s,(\$.),$1,gee,print