>> > I've also downloaded the CD's, but it seems that something is wrong
with
>> > CD1...
>> >
>> > It should boot, but I get nothing.
>>
>> Hmm...I just tried booting mine and I get a lilo prompt...

>I have a 1.2 and 2.0(2disks), and the former will boot (target mode) while
>the latter will not.  I have tried to get it to boot on 2 different
>machines, and it simply "hangs" with a black-screen.  Both machines are
>pentium, both have Pheonix bios set to boot from cd.

I even extracted the boot image by looking at the script and tried also with
Isobuster (www.isobuster.com) with tha same results.

I guess that they had in fact a bad boot image. I opened the file with a hex
editor and I do NOT see a boot record.

>BTW: It is not clear to me at this time how to use HHL for a 486 target.
>They have "supported targets", and each target gets a toolchain. Either
>the Professional edition has one, or we get to Build Our Own? BOO is
>obviously possible, but just as obviously we lose most of the benefit of
>being associated with them if we do.

Jeff, as far as I could read the manual, I reckon that we install HHL in our
approoved devel environment, such as RedHat 7 and then decide which is our
target platform(s).

Then, HHL will build several trees from which it will compile kernels &
modules.

You would then have to deploy the target installation.

This is as far as I could read the manual...