No. Don't bother Mike.

Really, as I continue to read the pdf, I reckon that we
should go in the cross-compiling direction.

Why boot and install a target if you haven't decide what
packages will ou put there?

I will investigate further on.

I have had little experience with a full-distro but RedHat
seems friendly enough.

I have versions 5.2, 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, 7.0 & 7.1 :)

I'll try it with a fresh install of RH 7.0, since it is one
of the recommended and also because of a very funny situation
that I have:

My home machine is a AMD Duron @800 with 256Mb ram & 10Gb HD.

When I install RH 6.2 in any flavour, WKS, SRV or custom,
everything goes right on install but on boot, it fails
because the supplied kernel tries to disable the CPU
serial number and crashes :) funny, isn't it?

It does detect an AMD Duron, though...

p.s. Mike, thanks for your availability to solve the 'problem'.