On Thursday 07 February 2002 10:59, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 10:41:33AM -0600, Charles Steinkuehler wrote:
> > To install a "write-protect device" between
> > the motherboard and an ATA device, you need something that
> > understands ATA at the application level, and returns some sort of
> > error for logical write commands.

> I understand this. But as i see this, this special device has one pin
> that it put to ground enables write protection.

Not if it is expecting an ATA instruction back at the motherboard to
work. If it was this simple, we would probably be using this as we
speak and it wouldn't require a special controller (rather they could
simply eliminate pin 30 at the disk and take it to ground there).

--

~Lynn Avants
aka Guitarlynn

guitarlynn at users.sourceforge.net
http://leaf.sourceforge.net

If linux isn't the answer, you've probably got the wrong question!