Hi Kenneth;

messages below.
Larry Platzek  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Kenneth Hadley wrote:

> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:29:01 -0800
> From: Kenneth Hadley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: LEAF-dev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [Leaf-devel] ppp demand dial on Dachstein
>
> I will attempt to get this fixed tonight....(the ppp menu)
> one thing to remember is the ppp.lrp package on the dachstein cd's are not
> mine.....therefore this error "should" in ppp.lrp exists on ALL dachstein
> v.1.02 cd's
> I will confirm this and if so probably replace the floppy ppp.lrp package
> (that came from the dachstein CD) with my ppp.lrp package
I guess Kenneth has been very busy, which is why I had not replied sooner.
I had wanted to say thank you for the updated file(s).

I am surprized that you had not at least checked that the package would
comeup for configuration and generally looked good. This even tho you had
not packaged the ppp.lrp your self, before having other people try using
the disk image.

Should the PPP.lrp work from your Eigerstein ppp image work? I do have a
working version on that.

I do not have the bandwith to download a Dachstein ISO or can some
suggest a better place to try to get a good ppp.lrp, that should work
with your image?

BTW: this is not critical for me as I am now running Bering, but others do
want to run Dachstein with a serial modem. I am willing to test and use a
Dachstein image also.

> as to going AWOL ;-) I suppose that's a accurate term since I've been so
> busy starting a WISP and have barley had the time to do anything.....

If you had said would be very busy do other things like making money,
most people would have understood.

I do wish you good luck in the WISP business! Do what you can as you can.

I am glad for Kenneth's work for LRP and LEAF!
Thank You!

> -Kenneth Hadley

I did not try much, as without PPP working it is not of much use to me.

> > >I do have Bering running doing demand dialing.
> > >My workstation has a 192.168.xxx.xxx type address and my firewall
> > >(Bering computer) also has same address range and dial my isp
> > >just fine.
> >
> > Thanks for the information. :-)
Happy to help when I can. Mike, you help alot of people!
My contribution is small compared to you!

> > --
> > Mike Noyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/
> > http://leaf.sourceforge.net/content.php?menu=1000&page_id=4