Dan:
I would not try updating rc3 params to 1.2 automatically. A lot of
significant changes have occured between the two versions especially as far
as shorewall is concerned.
Setting up the LEAF/Bering parameters manually does not take much time
especially if you are already familiar with it.
Don't you have a test machine on which you could give it a try ?
Thanks for your help
Jacques