Ricardo Kleemann wrote:

> Thanks for the info
>
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, David Douthitt wrote:
>

> > 2.2.19 is more stable, as 2.4 is still being worked out.  My last
> > attempt at compiling 2.4.6 kept ending in failures, which I almost never
> > ever saw with 2.2.  You might wish to hold back or not; it's up to you.
>
> But then is it worth it to upgrade the kernel to 2.2.19? Is there a reason
> why eigerstein is still with 2.2.16 ?

There is an ES2B test system (various image files for different floppy
formats) in Ewald Wasscher's LEAF page.  I understand EigerStein will
eventually go to this new system.  I have tested this minimally.  I sent one
to a friend this weekend for PPPoE and they had no problems getting everything
to work.  This test system has lots of upgrades that go way beyond the
kernel.   You could just grab the kernel if that is all you want.

The kernels with upx in the file name are compressed.
 http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/ewaldw/Eigerstein2BETA/20010527/kernel/486/

If you are interested in the images, look here:

 http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/ewaldw/Eigerstein2BETA/20010527/