[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Ok.  I have spent the last 2 days messing with Dachstein (Floppy based).
>
> I still can't get it to work.
>
> I have gone through all menu option on lrcfg about 20 times.  I have looked over
>most of
> the documentation I have found.
>
> This is my situation:
>
> I am getting my DHCPACK from my ISP.  DHCP on the external side is working and sets
> up.

<snip>

> internal IP 192.168.1.254
> external IP 10.120.92.142
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Justin Pease
> N u a n c e   N i n e

You need to comment out the following line in /etc/ipfilter.conf
close to the start of the file - around line 200 under
stopMartians () {
    # RFC 1918/1627/1597 blocks
#      $IPCH -A $LIST -j DENY -p all  -s 10.0.0.0/8 -d 0/0 -l $*
        $IPCH -A $LIST -j DENY -p all  -s 172.16.0.0/12 -d 0/0 -l $*
        $IPCH -A $LIST -j DENY -p all  -s 192.168.0.0/16 -d 0/0 -l $*

That should allow 10 private addresses in through the firewall.  Does your ISP tell
you that
they are masquerading you with private addresses?  I think it is unethical to not tell
clients
that they are not given a real routable IP.
PS
I love my ISP.  Not only do they give out static ips, but they will give out extra
ones to their
clients without charge.  In this day of AOL and other marketing schemes it is
refreshing to find
someone who is technically superb and would rather be ethical than take your money.
Not too
many do that.