Sometimes I have to format the floppy 1.44 first, then I use WinImage to
write the image to the floppy.  Nice shiny new diskettes are always
recommended for the larger formated floppies.  Getting WinImage also
lets you create a nice backup of your floppy once you get it working
properly.  Large formated floppies can be temperamental, so DO back it
up once you have it all set.  Having said that, I have a Dachstein box
that's been running of a floppy for at least a year with minor changes
now and then with no problems.  After saying that, I better go back it
up before it goes! ;-)

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 08:16, Aid Hamer wrote:
> I've tried it on 3 completely separate systems, with completely different
> Floppies, that all formatted FAT OK before.
>
> I did a reboot though on this system and it at least starts to write, so I
> now have an indicator the media is not good enough for it.
>
> Many thanks Erich

Sean E. Covel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>