Erich Titl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:

>I am puzzled, I always thought spam was distributed using
>mail,e.g.SMTP,
>port 25, how exactly was your server abused?
>Unless your Gateway was completely compromised I do not see how Squid
>was
>used to forward mail.

It must not become abused in this case.

He could get on the abuse list, only because he is a open proxy.

THINK [:)] about webmail clients. If you can use his proxy to hack his
internal webmail client, the spammer got what he wants.
A open proxy can also be used for DoS. Using the CONNECT feature you
possibly can connect to any port on a remote machine.

Just some ideas...

Cu
--
written with FeLaMiMail