Julian,

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 11:32, Julian Church wrote:
> Hi Sean
>
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 10:02:35 -0500, Sean E. Covel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Here is what I am proposing to do:
> >
> > Cable Modem -> Bering --> (Private Network) Current PC (Windows XP)
> >             ---> DMZ --> WAP --> Laptop (Windows XP)
> >
> > The question is, of course, how to secure the WIFI and Laptop.  I was
> > hoping that the Laptop could establish an IPSEC connection through the
> > WAP to Bering.
>
> Strange!
>
> That's exactly what I'm planning at home, except there are two laptops,
> both running Mac OS X (which has an IPSEC client built in.
>
> As far as I've determined by searching the internet, as long as your
> access point is set up as a transparent bridge, the IPSEC traffic will
> pass straight through.
>
> cheers
>
> Julian

Since this needs to be up-and-running quickly, and I'm doing it in my
spare time, I wanted to go the path of least resistance.  How soon till
you implement?  I was hoping to learn from someone else's mistakes ;-).
Don't want to be the trailblazer on this one.  It just sounds too easy.
Anyone actually done it?  Even with 802.11a/b/g?