Yeah, I know. I was more replying to someone else saying that WEP was enough. It's clearly not.

The actual Access Point SHOULD work exactly like a standard ethernet bridge/hub, so it should pass through the IPSec without issue. My suggestion was more in the nature of "here's how you get it up quickly if you can't locate the information you're looking for."

It's infinitely better to do it right the first time, but when you're in a time crunch with folks who don't understand why you have to jump through hoops, life gets a bit more difficult. :)

Sean E. Covel wrote:
George,

My original message included IPSEC.  I guess my biggest concern is: Can
IPSEC from a windows machine pass through the WAP and end at the Bering
box.  This would require a few things:  The WAP passing IPSEC.  The MS
Box using IPSEC.  Bering able to understand whatever it is that
Microsoft "embraced and extended" when they wrote "their" implementation
of IPSEC.  I was hoping someone had done this and would point out all
the potholes in the road.

I read in detail about the WEP flaws.  15 min. to break RC4 encryption
because their implementation is so flawed, and no infrastructure to
change keys when they have been compromised.  That's why IPSEC is so
important.

Sean