|    Privat   |              |
|    subnet   |---- |LEAFSys| ---- |Roadwarrior pc|
|             |    |              |
---------------    |              |- 192.168.2.2/30
       |      192.168.1.254
192.168.1.0/24

leaf = left
pc = right

new ipsec settings which are the same on both:

conn road
        left=192.168.2.1
        leftsubnet=192.168.1.0/24
        leftnexthop=192.168.2.2
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        leftcert=firewall.pem
        right=192.168.2.2
        rightsubnet=192.168.2.2/32
        rightnexthop=192.168.2.1
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        rightcert=client.pem
        auto=start  (=add at the leafsystem)

to make ipsec work however I had to give in a default route, otherwise
it wouldn't start .. So I've put on both as default route the direct
interface pointing to each other (eth0 both)
and only then "/etc/init.d/ipsec start" works on the leaf system the
ipsec is now ok I guess:
ip address show:
   ipsec0: <NOARP, UP> mtu 16260 qdisc pfifo_fast qlen 10
   link/ether 00:10:f3:06:4c:51 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
   inet 192.168.2.1/30 brd 192.168.2.3 scope global ipsec0

When I now use at the roadwarrior:
   ipsec auto --up road
nothing happens and it's just doing nothing till I hit ^c

I hope this helps in understanding the problem..

Regards,
Tom