Hi

on 11.06.2011 12:41, bob wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 9. Juni 2011, um 20:35:39 schrieb Charles Steinkuehler:
>>> On 6/9/2011 12:24 PM, bob wrote:
>>>
>>> Given the error, I suspect it's still a script and either  something has
>>> gotten messed up and you're the lucky finder of a bug or you may need to
>>> setup the configuration file in /etc.
> Indeed, it is still the script, but it's broken for me also.
> I already opened ticket in Trac to replace it busybox sendmail.

Sendmail, at least the way I understand it, is not a replacement for the
mail command, but a MTA. This may be different in busybox.

To fix the mail command in Bering is _trivial_ and I already gave the
details.

> kp
>
> OK KP, I will wait until the new stuff is there. I assume this will only
> be in uClibC 4 ? So it's time to update :-)

You could, but IMHO it is also time to fix the script, which is really easy.

> In the meantime, I'm trying another approach. Does any one know where
> the external IP obtained by pppoe is stored? If I can SCP this from
> another box, I can compare it with the ez-ipupdate cache and try to trap
> the problem.

ip addr sh dev ppp0 | grep inet | sed -e "s/inet//; s/peer.*$//; s/^ *//"

or get your external address with wget http://checkip.dyndns.com/

cheers

Erich