Hi Bob

at 09.06.2011 19:24, bob wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running LEAF_Bering uclibc3.0 and have a problem with dyndns.
> It seems that very,very occasionally, after Telekom changes the ip
> address, ezipupdate is failing.
> It always does this when I am at work, so I am unable to connect back to
> investigate (I call my wife to perform an 'ultimate reset' (unplug WRAP
> box & reconnect because I need to stay vpn connected for e-mails) which
> then destroys all the evidence.
> I decided to write a script to be executed when the ip changes, that
> would compare the value in /etc/ez-ipup with that of the external
> interface and send me a mail if they do not agree. The Box is internet
> connected OK, just the dyndns is not updated.

A follow up with the corrected mail script.... I am running 3.x too

demo-guardian# mail -s foo -h luna.think.ch i...@think.ch
foobar
Error: Unknown response.
  DATA
  4: 550 5.1.1 <i...@think.ch>... User unknown
Aborting due to connection error
  Killing child processes: 9944 9945

demo-guardian# mail -s foo -h luna.think.ch erich.t...@think.ch
foobar
Error: Unknown response.
  DATA
  4: 451 4.7.1 Greylisting in action, please come back later
Aborting due to connection error
  Killing child processes: 10051 10052

This is normal behaviour, although if you use greylisting like me then
you need to use another MTA

cheers

Erich