> Le 22 sept. 2016 à 17:57, Erich Titl <erich.t...@think.ch> a écrit :
>
> HI
>
> Am 22.09.2016 um 20:20 schrieb Jean-Roch Blais:
>> Hello Andrew,
> ..
>>

>> Ok I gladly agree to this, since this means there is no need to devise an
>> external watchdog timer, right ? There is a lot of people who don’t know
>> that then… :-(
>> My previous motherboard would not reboot when it hanged, this is why I
>> thought there was no hardware wdt, but it might be that the wdt on this mobo
>> only
> shuts down the mobo like you said before. ( it is a Foxconn 661MXPlus
> [img]http://i.imgur.com/38JiUW9.jpg[/img] and the SIS900 onboard nic was
> now and then sending me warning messages… )
> So depending on the mobo, the wdt can reboot or shutdown the mobo, do
> you know any way to choose which  ???
>
> You will have to read the specs of the motherboard, e.g. the chipset and
> look at the driver implementation. It might even be possible that the
> driver has multiple operation modi available and you might be able to
> set the behaviour at driver load or talking to the driver.
>
> That requires work.... sorry

Andrew, what do you think, is it possible to easily learn/know how a specific
mobo watchdog timer will behave ? There is a lot of mobo around… If, as Erich
comment implies, "this requires work", and coming from him it probably means «
a lot », it might be easier to go back to this external Arduino project I was
talking about, who would care about obscure/undocumented  mobo behaviour then,
it would work no matter what … Which way is the least/simplest effort ?

Erich, I still would like to know, what we should do about the dnsmasq/dhcpcd
apparent dichotomy… Is that problem important enough to justify going further,
like contacting the author, or fixing it on our own ? Just your thoughts since
it now works fine for me with #background, and if I’m the only one then ……… :-)
!   Well wrong thread for this question I presume, but I’m a newbie … :-) !