In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Greg Hennessy writes:
>> Will you support a proposal that keeps leap-second (or -minutes),
>> but mandates that they be determined 40 or 50 years in advance ?
>
>Determined to what accuracy?

Whatever the prediction is able to nail it to.

I realize that this means that the bounds on |UT1-UTC| increases
to about a minute, worst case, but already given todays predictive
capabilities, I think it will be possible to keep the difference
within a handful of seconds.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]         | TCP/IP since RFC 956