On 18 January 2018 at 19:49, Alberto Bursi <bobafetthotm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 01/19/2018 01:05 AM, Val Kulkov wrote:
>>
>> There is more than a handful of PRs currently bit-rotting in
>> openwrt/packages that are ready for merging, with all requested
>> changes in place since many months ago. Auto-closing such PRs will
>> offend the contributors who would see their effort go down the drain
>> only because no one in the LEDE/OpenWrt community had the time to
>> review and merge their PRs.
>

> Github has "labels" for PRs, so I think such timeout should look for "needs
> changes" label or something like that.
>
> See this PR https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/655 (on the right, the
> red label)
>
> -Alberto

Problem is, the "Change requested" label does not necessarily mean
that the requested changes have not been implemented by the
contributors.

There have been cases where a PRs gets labelled with "Change
requested", then the contributor makes all changes as requested, and
then nothing happens for many months because no one among members with
write privileges has the time to review and merge the PR.