> I am afraid that Ledger has began to be more complex than necessary! Sure we
> really need this feature? The manual has now more than 100 pages!

Ledger is made up of layers.  The core layers are not overly complex, and were
hardly affected at all by adding this Python support.  My whole intention with
the design of Ledger is to make the design supportive of future additions
without introducing new complexity at the lower levels.

Thus, if you don't build in the Python support, then Ledger runs very much as
it would have if I'd never written that support.  "If you don't use it, you
don't pay for it".

If all these features were coming at the cost of core elegance and simplicity,
that is when I would balk at adding them.  But in actual fact, some of the new
support I've added in the past two weeks has actually made Ledger *cleaner and
simpler* internally, even though outwardly I've enriched its capabilities.

John