That works. Another approach is to just choose one of the two dates (and
manually combine the two transactions into one); that's what I do so far.
This can occasionally screw up balance assertions; when that happens I'll
comment one out and trust that the next one will pass, or just fudge the
date of the balance. It's not rigorous in that the posting history of one
account doesn't always have all correct dates, but it works. I think that
eventually one way to solve well this will be to provide an optional date
on each posting and to automatically expand that one input/ into multiple
transactions, to transfer accounts with names inferred automatically.

If you look carefully at your credit card transactions, it's likely you
will also find a discrepancy between the date you used the card (the
transaction date) and the date it posts on your statement (the settlement
date).